Who We Are
UKBI is the membership association of organisations and professionals actively involved in enterprise, innovation and sustainable economic growth.
UKBI is the independent voice of business incubation and accelerated growth, influencing policy at local, national, European and international levels
UKBI works with its members across a wide range of public and private sectors, supporting practitioners and stakeholders in the development of quality business growth environments in which their client businesses can succeed.
UKBI provides tangible benefits to its members, enhancing their ability to provide value added services to their clients.
UKBI plays a key role in promoting the development of sustainable growth of UK and international businesses and consequently benefitting society as a whole.
Our History and Role
UK Business Incubation (UKBI) has been the UK’s and increasingly international principal and successful authority on business incubation, business incubation development and best practice since 1998.
It has helped governments and development agencies to build a thriving business incubation infrastructure that will make increasingly significant contributions to local, regional, national and international economic growth, as thousands of incubated clients grow and move out of their business incubation environments and achieve sustainable commercial success in their own right.
UKBI’s focus on high quality, professional business incubation has helped a wide range of organisations to create the right environment for nurtured and supported growth, including universities, science and technology parks, research and development laboratories, commercial clusters and social regeneration projects.
As business incubation environments mature, UKBI has a key role in creating and maintaining the national network hub for the exchange and development of learning amongst its many communities of interest, including those responsible for developing business incubation overseas.
Operating across a wide range of industry sectors, and reflecting the rich and varied innovative and entrepreneurial skills base to be found throughout the world, UKBI will continue to keep its members’ needs and interests and the quality and impact of business incubation at the centre of everything it does, so that the enterprises of tomorrow will have a fertile, experienced knowledge base upon which to call when their own time comes.
Download our brochure here
The vision of UKBI is to
- Play a key role in promoting the development of sustainable growth of UK and international business and thereby benefiting society as a whole
- To become the main membership association of organisations and professionals actively involved in enterprise, innovation and sustainable economic growth.
- To be the independent voice of business incubation and accelerated growth, influencing policy at local, national, European and international levels
- To work with its members supporting practitioners and stakeholders in the development of quality business growth environments in which their client businesses can succeed.
- To provide tangible benefits to its members, enhancing their ability to provide value added services to their clients.
- To promote the development and application of best practice across the industry
- Is to proactively engage with organisations and professionals engaged in enterprise, innovation and accelerated growth
- Is to develop and deliver an invaluable member benefits package
- Is to be the main source of knowledge and information about business incubation and accelerated growth
- Is to build relationships with stakeholders: government, press, and the larger business community
- Is to provide opportunities for networking and professional development
- Is to create opportunities for collaborative work
Working closely with members, UKBI strives to ensure that it’s activities are aligned with the wants and needs of its membership.
We offer a range of services to enable Stakeholders and Practitioners to get the most out of their investment and their people.
UKBI has a diverse and increasingly international membership. UKBI members benefit from regular networking events, newsletters, online resources and the largest network of its kind in Europe. To find out more about membership of UKBI, contact Keiron Broadbent or Bhavana Desai
UKBI's Inspire Accreditation process allows stakeholders and practitioners alike to monitor and develop their business incubation environments and their impact. Using established international best practice 'standards', Inspire not only provides a 'benchmark' for your business incubation environment but it also sets out a development plan to take you to the next level. In addition, it proves to funders and other stakeholders and potential clients that you offer the best added value services possible. please contact Keiron Broadbent for more details.
Training and Events
UKBI offers a range of bespoke development opportunities for all levels of the Business Incubation Community. From Member Surgeries and workshops for those new to the industry up to roundtable discussions for the more experienced. UKBI also offers bespoke event and training solutions, please contact Keiron Broadbent for more details.
Whether you are looking at the possibility of building a business incubator or you need your existing facilities to have a 'health check', UKBI can help you. We have worked for a range of major clients across the globe advising governments on policy, strategies, helping with business and feasibility planning and even the recruitment of staff. If you need to know more about our range of consultancy services please contact Arnaud Drapier
UKBI also undertakes research into the impact of business incubation and the economic benefits it brings to the local, regional and national economies. If you are interested in our research activities please contact Arnaud Drapier
UKBI offer a range of publications covering all aspects of Business Incubation Best Practice - See our online Bookstore for more details.